How to Use the Energy of this Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse
A Lunar Eclipse is like 10 Full Moons amplified?!
That’s enough to make the sheep’s howl! Keeping reading on how to harness this full moon 10x amplification, illuminate your gifts and how NOT to howl and growl over the next few days or so.
If you know me at all, then you know that I’m an all out Full Moon gazer, sun set seeker, and tree hugger.
My oldest daughter knows this all too well – it’s become habit, that whenever we go outside at night we always look for the moon.
Her first tattoo, was of the tree of life and a crescent —- moon.
The phenomon of the earth, sun and moon all perfectly aligning never fails to be an exciting event, for even the most seasoned of stargazers.
This Total Lunar Eclipse will be the longest one of the century.
Western Astrologers and Zodiac sign seekers are having a great time predicting what this all means and that fact the moon is the house of Aquarius.
In Feng Shui, a portion of its philosophy also follows astrology, namely Chinese Astrology.
My point here is that — although different school’s – they both share the same belief in the power of the cosmos.
After all we are truly made up of the same stuff as the stars.
Whatever your belief is, this astronomic event is symbolic of transformation, alignment and connectedness.
We forget, as we mull around our daily lives, that we here on Earth are truly a part (not apart) of the grand Universe out there. And even the composition of our physical bodies are the same as the stars.
“For decades, science popularizers have said humans are made of stardust, and now, a new survey of 150,000 stars shows just how true the old cliché is: Humans and their galaxy have about 97 percent of the same kind of atoms, and the elements of life appear to be more prevalent toward the galaxy’s center, the research found.” Humans Really Are Made of Stardust, and a New Study Proves It. By Elizabeth Howell, Space.com Contributor
There is also the well documented, “Overview Effect”, It’s the mental shift that astronauts experience, when they are awe-struck at the realization, that the Earth truly is a part of a large whole.
Astronaut Tracy Caldwell-Dyson looking back at the Earth from the International Space Station.
So when astronomic events like the Century’s longest Lunar Eclipse occurs ,then it’s a great time to pay attention, and appreciate who you are in this Universe.
And come on, there’s something really special when the Earth, Sun and Moon line up for a full 143 minutes!
Spiritual sages across all philosophies speak about the energy during a Full Moon. I love using this time to amplify and elevate my own energy. And to release and amplify my intentions.
Your attention energizes and intentions transform, clarify your intentions , surrender them to the silence and allow the universe to the work out the details.
Here are things you can do over the next few days while we bask under the light of the full moon and lunar eclipse.
- Keep your emotions tipped on the feel good side and then do your affirmations.If you are feeling down or neutral, get yourself in a happy place . Listen to music, recall happy memories, play with children or pets, get outside and admire nature’s beauty all around you. Once you are feeling really good, say or write down your affirmations and intentions.
- Add RED! – This is also the a Blood Full Moon, so add RED! Write your above affirmations and intentions, in red ink and put them in a red envelope. Get red flowers for your home this week. It’s the longest Blood Moon, the next one isn’t until 2123!
3. Surrender – Some people think this is some form of being a pacifist. It is not “giving up”. Well, it is actually — it is giving up your worries, your anxieties and your need to control everything. This is a very courageous thing to do – TRUST. Trust that the Universe is always working in your favour.
4. Be a Conscious Co-creator. Whether you are conscious of it or not, your energy field, is constantly putting out signals, and in turn pick up signals. You may as be deliberate in what signals you are putting out there. What radio station do you want to tune into? Do you want to tune into the stations of abundance, prosperity, love and health. Or do you want to tune into the stations of fear, lack, cyncisim and shortage? Remember you are a source of electricity and magnetism and yes you have the power to adjust to what it is you want to attract.
5. Take a Salt bath or salt shower. Salt as many healing, sanitizing properties, if you are feeling or stuck or someone’s low energy got to you – then salt is a great mental, physical and spiritual way to cleanse yourself of any negative energy. Put salt in bath water or rub it onto your body as you shower
6. De-Clutter – it doesn’t have to be a major overhaul, but clearing your space (or even your inbox) leaves you with a clean and clear space to create more of what you want, and allow good things to come. Whether is a cupboard, a shelf, your car, or desk, do some de-cluttering (with joy and gratitude!) today.
7. Bless and Energize your home. Most people only remember to do this when they first move in, they celebrate with a house warming or ask someone to come in and do a blessing. But you can do this anytime yourself and its so important to do this on a regular basis. Or at least at every full moon 😉 😉
Go to this link for my FREE Home Blessing Meditation:
8. Meditate! Yes, you didn’t think I would miss that one, did you. If you are not a regular meditator like I am, it’s beneficial to meditate 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon. But of course, daily meditation has its well-founded benefits at any time.
So enjoy being a part of this historical event, it took a Century to have one this long. Finally, release any limiting beliefs you have been carrying with you this far. There’s something special when the Sun, Moon and Earth align, and you too can be a part of this. Use this as the opportunity to align yourself with who you truly are, and align yourself with all that you know, you are deserving of.